Pregnenolone is a natural precursor to over 150 steroid hormones and helps support the immune system, mood and memory.*
- Supports the immune system, mood and memory health*
- Helps support hormones in the body*
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Pregnenolone, 3-alpha-hydroxy-5-beta-pregnen-20-one, is a natural steroid hormone produced in the body from cholesterol. It has been described as the “Grandmother of all Steroid Hormones, ” since all steroid hormones, over 150 of them, are derived from pregnenolone. Pregnenolone has been linked with positive support of the immune system, mood and memory. In the body, it is converted to DHEA and/or progesterone. It is likely that the body will convert pregnenolone appropriately, according to its needs. Studies show that the body makes 60% less of this hormone at age 75 than it does at age 35.*
Take 1 capsule per day, with a meal.
Serving Size: One Vegetarian Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Pregnenolone … 30mg
Other Ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- Not for use by individuals under the age of 18.
- Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Consult a physician or licensed qualified health professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of breast cancer, prostate cancer, prostate enlargement, heart disease, low “good” cholesterol (HDL), or if you are using any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over-the-counter drug.
- Do not exceed the recommended serving. Exceeding the recommended serving may cause serious adverse health effects
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS
- Possible side effects include acne, hair loss, hair growth on the face (in women), aggressiveness, irritability, and increased levels of estrogen.
- Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed qualified health professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, blurred vision, or other similar symptoms.
- When taken at higher levels, irritability, over-stimulation and fatigue have been observed. Due to its effects on the GABA receptor in the central nervous system, supplementation with pregnenolone could cause problems in people with a history of seizures.
Pregnenolone may inhibit drugs used to increase GABA activity (e.g., Neurontin); these drugs are frequently used in the treatment of epilepsy and depression.*