This week, I wanted to share my recipe for spaghetti squash with you. My 16-year-old son has a special sense for when I’m trying to feed him healthy food in disguise, and he absolutely loved this recipe!! He couldn’t get enough. This recipe substitutes pasta for squash, and I promise it’s just as amazing and delicious!
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Gray salt and freshly ground black pepper
Optional: 1lb. lean ground beef, and 1lb. ground turkey or 1lb Bison (2 lbs total)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Split the squashes in half and scrape out seeds. Line an oven tray with aluminum foil. Season the spaghetti squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add 2 cups water to pan then Place flesh side down and roast for 30 to 40 minutes until fully cooked. Remove from the oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- In a large sauté pan, brown ground meats and season to taste. Add the marinara sauce in pan to heat.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, using a large kitchen spoon scrape the strands of squash from the inside of the skin. Toss the spaghetti squash in the pan with the hot marinara sauce for just long enough to get hot.