I’m always searching for new, fun ways to mix up breakfast. It’s one of the more difficult meals of the day, because I always seem to be juggling twenty things and trying to get everyone out the door on time before my day begins! This delicious Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is one of my son’s very favorites, so I wanted to share it with you! I hope it makes your mornings a little easier too! 😉
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 TSP ground cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP ground ginger
- 1/4 TSP salt
- 1 cup diced apples (about 1 medium apple)
- 1/2 cup all natural, organic applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 TSP pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8- by 8-inch glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt. Mix in diced apples, applesauce, coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir in coconut oil until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until set and light golden brown on top. Allow to cool in the baking dish for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm with optional garnishes, such as additional chopped walnuts.