Happy Friday! It’s been a long week and you know I’m a sucker for a good one-pan recipe, so here it is! This week, I’m sharing a Lemon Parmesan Chicken paired with asparagus that takes just one pan! Delicious and an easy clean up – what could be better?
One Pan Lemon Parmesan Chicken & Asparagus
- 1 and 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup parmesan cheese separated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-4 lemons
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 tablespoons melted butter, separated
- 1 pound asparagus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Optional: fresh parsley, 1 lemon for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Grab three bowls. Add the flour to one bowl.
- Combine almond meal, 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, dried parsley, garlic powder, about 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Stir.
- In the final bowl, add 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest, 4-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on lemon flavor intensity desired), minced garlic, and 5 tablespoons melted butter. Stir. Remove 4 tablespoons of this mixture and set aside.
- Slice chicken breasts to the size of tenders (about 1 and 1/4th inch strips) or use chicken tenders.
- Coat in flour, heavily dredge in garlic lemon mixture, and then coat in the Parmesan almond meal mixture.
- Place on prepared sheet pan. Use any remaining Parmesan almond mixture and sprinkle over tenders.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes and remove.
- Flip the tenders to the other side.
- Place the asparagus next to the tenders and drizzle the reserved lemon butter sauce. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over the asparagus and toss with tongs.
- If desired, place lemon slices over the chicken (optional).
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10-12 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and 3 tablespoons honey in a small bowl. Add some pepper and parsley if desired.
- Remove from the oven and top with the honey lemon mixture and fresh parsley if desired and enjoy immediately.
- Do not top chicken breasts with the honey lemon mixture until you are ready to serve so that chicken does not become soggy. Enjoy!