For the apples:
- 5 granny smith apples
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
For the crumble topping:
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel apples and dice into cubes of approximately equal size. In a large bowl, toss with maple syrup, water, and cinnamon. Pour apples into greased 9×9 inch baking dish.
- In the same (now empty) bowl, add oats, almond flour, nuts, cinnamon, salt, coconut oil or butter, and maple syrup. Stir crumble topping together and pour into baking dish on top of apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes until apples are soft, covering pan loosely with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent from over-browning.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream for a delicious holiday dessert!