Sweet & Savory Sweet Potato Bites
This week, I’m sharing a delicious, guilt-free appetizer that’s perfect for your get-togethers! These sweet potato bites are super simple to make, and the sweet potato rounds replace a bread or cracker. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 TSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 4 oz. goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 TBSP almond milk
- 1 TSP finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl toss together the sweet potato slices, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay the slices out on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 10 minutes then flip them over and bake for another 8-12 minutes or until tender.
- While the sweet potatoes bake, use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or handheld mixer to whip the goat cheese, almond milk, rosemary, salt and pepper until smooth and fluffy.
- Spoon approximately 1/2 teaspoon of the goat cheese mixture onto each sweet potato round.
- Top the goat cheese with a few chopped pecans and cranberries, then drizzle with honey.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tip from the Kitchen:
You don’t need to peel the sweet potato, just make sure to clean them before cooking!