This week I shared an Instagram post about my favorite gluten-free banana bread muffins, and I got SO many questions about the recipe! So I wanted to share – you can make this as a bread loaf or muffins, either way it’s delicious!
Gluten Free Banana Bread Muffins
- 1 cup monk fruit sugar
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup sour cream or applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free flour mix
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 scoop protein powder/li>
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour bottom only of a loaf pan (or use 3 small loaf pans)
- In large bowl, beat together sugar and oil
- Add eggs, bananas, apple sauce and vanilla; blend well
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off whisk gradually into banana mixture. Our friends from Bella Cupcake Couture has a list of the best kitchen whisks for baking.
- Add baking soda and salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened
- Pour into prepared pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes (about 40 minutes for smaller loaf pan) or until toothpick inserted in center comes clean
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan
- Cool completely
- Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator
Tip: You can top these with your favorite treat, like dark chocolate chips or cinnamon!