Have you ever wondered why are we all so alike and yet so different? All human beings possess genes, but they vary for every person. This is the reason why one human being can remain fit and strong all through his life while other can fall ill frequently. One of the major reasons for this is the variation in a gene named MTHFR. MTHFR symptoms are very common. This gene is an important enzyme in the body that helps in the process of methylation which helps in repairing DNA and many other things.
Certain people are born with MTHFR mutations in their body which makes them produce low functioning MTHFR enzymes. Because these have a direct impact on methylation and methylation affects virtually every part of your health, these mutations may place you at higher risk of developing various MTHFR symptoms, including birth defects, cancer, thyroid disease, migraines, miscarriage and many more.
- A few symptoms indicate if you suffer from MTHFR mutation or not.
- High Homocysteine Levels.
- Folate Deficiency: If you are facing problems such as light-headedness, extreme fatigue or forgetfulness then you must get yourself checked for deficiency in folate which is linked to MTHFR.
- If you have frequent gastrointestinal issues such as irritated bowl syndrome, then that can be considered a symptom for MTHFR.
- If you have had a miscarriage, then you must get yourself checked for MTHFR.
- If you have long-standing anxiety or depression, then also you must get yourself checked for MTHFR and COMT.
- If you have a family history of cardiac problems or dementia then also there is quite a possibility that you are suffering from MTHFR mutation.
Should you get tested for MTHFR?
If you have been facing any of the aforementioned problems, it is time to consult an MTHFR gene mutation doctor. You need to get a gene mutation test done in order to know what the best course of treatment for you is. A simple cheek swab home testing kit is now available on the site. You will be able to test for MTHFR and COMT (COMT mutations directly affect how aggressive we can treat MTHFR mutations). Any MTHFR specialist should be able to help you interpret the results and guide you in the right direction.
It is very important to get the tests done for MTFHR mutation because without it you are in the dark if or how the MTHFR enzyme is affected. With all the symptoms related to this condition, it is better to get yourself checked for MTFHR gene mutation. After you have been diagnosed with the exact type of faulty MTFHR gene, then you can go forward with the proper MTFHR treatment. 80% of the population has some kind of MTHFR mutation.
We gathered a list of 10 important steps to help you learn what to do. Download our free eBook or video to find out what to do if you have a mutation. Consider supplements for MTHFR mutations.